Thursday, August 2, 2007

AAA-OOO-MMM - peace!

It was the time when I was subjected to various complexities of the mind - primarily plagued with the fear of a six-letter word -Career. I had just completed the Higher Secondary, technically considered eligible to join College. I was a confused soul , unable to come to terms with what I wanted in life.I had ambitions (too big a word, desires would be appropriate ;) ) which were many in number, each making me go crazy,crazier,craziest. It was then that my cousin, Sowmya,who thought I was too "vetti" decided to act pioneer and pushed me into Pranayama classes. My mom and bro had already experienced the "Isha touch" before and so they had no objections. So I went along to Isha, to learn pranayama and "shunya" meditation,which sure helped to block out the building complexities in the head. It was a totally new experience. Very gratifying and it gave me a very new outlook to life. More than the exercises, it was the discussions we had everyday that really helped me. It was more to do with "self realisation". We enjoyed every moment and the sessions were very interactive. People, totally strangers, the previous minute, spoke freely, like they knew you for ages. It was a blissful experience. All good things come to an end, the course soon got over. It was the eve of the last day. At the stroke of twelve, me and my cousin,came up with a poem. Our experiences at Isha.....


THE LIGHTER SIDE OF ISHA…


For those brooding about the past

For those dreaming about the future
Bang came the knock on the head

Teaching them about the present.
Dumbstruck sat the gaping frogs
Accepting all that came across.

Adding colour to the place, with the clothes we wore
Opening our minds door, listening to Deepaji

Croaking and unfrocking the masks we wore.

Break the rules, we did it

Follow the rules,we didn’t.
OUR RULES,we followed it!!
Responsibility on ones shoulder,was like carrying a boulder
But the “ability to respond”,rolled the boulder,down the shoulder.
Out of temptation,we started meditation,
On continuation,we found that there's no expectation!

Man sowed the seed of conditional love
And eventually reaped the fruit of hatred…
Bygone days are bygone…for now its time to unweed…
And create a paradise of unconditional love indeed..!
Jesus said “love thy neighbour”
Isha said..”LOVE ALL EXISTENCE”


Note :
I read this poem the next day in class. Luckily didn't mess up much. Those who have been on the course will understand the poem better. 'cause every sentence is a lesson we learnt. our everyday classes dealt more with Life . Just in case you were wondering, Deepaji , was our guruji at the class. It's been like almost 3 years since we wrote this. I haven't modified it till now. I don't care if it sounds silly ;) . . About me in touch with the exercises..guess you'd know better - I tried,but I couldn't!!! I wouldn't mind enrolling a second time though.

3 comments:

SierrA ManiaC said...

Dear Sister,

You wetn to class. Its nice actually the thing is I too tried to learn yoga and pranayama was part of my day to day life for sometime. But somewhere down the line i have lost interest.

The poem was nice. I don't know if I had been given a chanceI might not even have gone to the class.

astute87 said...

Nicely written. Isha transforms, its the the first step into a beautiful world. There is more to come like hata yoga and Bhavaspandhana.. don't miss out on them. It will be quite an experience. Maybe, you'll end up writing more poems in praise of Jaggi.

Vidya Natarajan said...

hey i always wanted to attend such classes.....but i always though i won do justice to the course...as i am the last person on earth with patience...so instead decided to join 'art of living' classes and define my style of living :)

and nice poem!!

Stumped!

This happens whenever I take a train from Chennai to Bangalore (Ahem..read as whenever I travel alone!). After taking consecutive modes of ...