Thursday, February 21, 2008

feb13th..definitely not my day

I bunked college on a wednesday,a day before the 14th of feb 2008. Me and a friend had planned on starting work on a poster, for a presentation coming up the week end. Friends at home, is forever a compulsion for mom , to bring out the wonderful cook in her. That auspicious day,she wanted to fill our tummies with her yummy bisi bhela bath. She wanted some masala to be brought from food world near our house. I din't want my friend to think it as a waste of time,and gave her some stuff related to our paper to read while I was away. I took my bike and that's about the last thing I remember of the D-Day. I had met with an accident on my way to Food World and had somehow ended up with a head injury. My memory is completely blank on the details and how exactly I found my way into a hospital gown, lying on a bed, surrounded by nurses too many, taking fast glimpses at my Iv line. Mom's face amidst those faces was a relief. I had a stream of visitors from college. Everybody dropped in and made my day brighter. My best friends were there and I was wondering if something was seriously wrong with me. Then I understood, it's something that could have happened to any of them. Hence that brought them into a close understanding of the situation. Maktub - its written, came to my head immediately.
The doc said I was out of danger. I thought I'll have to transform into kamal hasan with a memory loss and spend the rest of my life trying to remember the last time I shared a cake. But the doc very effectively put a NO to all that,and as per his advice, I am to be at home, on "complete" rest till the first of march. That's so very sweet of him ;-) Helping me in a way to escape "jail" (a.k.a. college). I feel elated to be still alive. I feel like God has chosen me as a person who deserves a life. And I 'm gonna live my life completely,like I truly deserve. I find an angel residing on my head these days. Anyone visiting me seems to greet the angel first ...! Am I glad?!
The angel has now stepped down my shoulder, and is urging me to add stuff about people who saved me.
Thanks to - Auto driver kabali and dhobi anna - for carrying me all the way to the hospital and admitting me there. For informing my mom about my state.


THE CULPRIT/CAUSATIVE AGENT :





hehehehehehe...!! It's all in the Game... ;-) ;-) ;-) :-)

There are more things i've learnt from this accident :
1.Love your life like there'z no tomorrow...
2.Quit worrying about trivial issues in life..."Why do ye have to go and make things so complicated!?! " There's more to L-i-f-e than just taking a ride on emotional roller coasters.
3.I have decided not to Hate people for no reason. Well,I believe in one God who created the universe.Every individual came into being because God sculpted every soul on earth.So, when people were just being themselves, just the way God made them,why hAtE them for no reason? ? ?So as long as their actions don't affect mine, I don't have any hate lists..!
4.Never postpone saying things right from the bottom of your heart. Show people that you care.Never assume that they'll know, they'll understand or whatever.And last but not the least,Be true to yourself!...!

"The greatest thing in life is not just survivng it...But surviving it without "any regrets"...! "

-s()mSie!~!

12 comments:

Anu said...

Hey sowmie..... its a relief seeing u back again online... missed u buddy...:) and all this has tripled my faith in angels... or even more. C ya very sooon. u better get well by then.... :) and for college... i jus hope ur Jeppiar s got has no online spies in here. for all u know, he might have a "Black-in-chorge" here too ;P. TC....

Insane 1 said...

///Thanks to - Auto driver kabali and dhobi anna - for carrying me all the way to the hospital and admitting me there. For informing my mom about my state. ///

I don't believe much in angels though but these two people make angels look a bit less. Nice of you to mention sister. They bring me some tears....

Sindhu said...

Hoiiiii... Welcome back, to de cyberspace sis!!!

Maktub - So very true!! But then, mostly, if not always, 'tis a devil's prank dat reminds us of de angel's courtesy. Wotsay?? Nywayz, get well soon yaar :-)

Vivek_Gangadharan said...

hey sowmi .. i am so releived to see u back to blogging ..... good goin my lil sis .... i would like to extend my thanks to Mr.Kabali and dhobi anna .. missing u so much ... ofcourse next time u drive please take a helmet

s()ms!e said...

good to c u comment bro!!! ;-) the main reason and lesson i learnt is this.. it wasnt the fear of road accident tht drove me to wear a helmet but the fear of getting caught by "maama" a.k.a traffic police that actually usually makes me wear a helmet.. but from now on..its gonna change.. im gonna wear it,even if its a street end journey ;-) ;-) hehe

Vivek_Gangadharan said...

good for you ... helmet or meet hell .. thats shud be ur motto going forward :)

Anonymous said...

hey!! WEbbies!! damn me i dint evn knw abt it..! Newayz take care frm now on when yer drivin.. chennai roads u c..! :p get well soon... Have fun buNkin classes for now... ;) tc!!~

Unknown said...

good to know u r ok now (it's always fun to get a few days off, isn't it). get well soon !

u shd learn to drive this thing called a car. it makes road travel a little riskier.

Sharanya Rajendran said...

ur not gonna take ur bike for about 6 months. Better walk to food world lazy bum.... u almost gave a heart-attack to us! I really thank god for bringing u back to normal!
CAREFULL

CONFIDENT

CAUTIOUS

the key words for u !

Anonymous said...

hey soumie..!!!
am so so glad u r perfectly alrite now in all senses...u r soon gonna get ur license n only then take ut bike out ok....n most importantly wear ur helmet....or else better try learnin to drive a car soumie...wat say..!!..keep bloggin n take care yar..n get wel soon :)...waitin to see ya in coll..

avanti :)

Ice-Thorn said...

machan!!!
Missed u soo much! glad 2 see u alive n kickin!! ur accident made us realize how precious life indeed is an tht we overlook little things that are important..cant wait u 2 have u back!! my belief in divine intervention has increased tenfolds.
love u loads!

Sharanya Rajendran said...

"Show people that you care.Never assume that they'll know, they'll understand or whatever"

Gethu line! very true!!

Stumped!

This happens whenever I take a train from Chennai to Bangalore (Ahem..read as whenever I travel alone!). After taking consecutive modes of ...