Friday, February 29, 2008

My Mom is the gREATEST pErson on Earth...~~!!!

To start off , I know the title sounds like this post is going to be "as emotional as can be". True..! So anyone who doesn't like the taste of certain sentiments,can happily skip this post.. But please don't comment that you actually "skipped" this post..I can do without that..! ;-) So, to me,my mom is the greatest person on earth.Those who value sentiments,and probably, those still reading this may question "So what? It's the same for everyone.." The fact is, most of us would only take the fact for granted.Most of you wouldn't actually openly express that thought or acknowledge the fact that she is the greatest soul on earth...And thats exactly what I'm gonna do now..I wonder why I didn't give it much thought for so long... I take all pleasure in writing about the dearest, sweetest ,most loveliest creature in my life - My Mom..! :) My mom was named "Miss Usha Devi" by her folks and has now become "Mrs.Usha Devi Gangadharan" to us...Though I never liked her second name much, I've never told her that. Usha seems like a nice,short,cute name which fits her profile - Short nCute! She is an amazing cook, always trying to satisfy one person or another ,be it my friends or her in-laws or her greatest treasure and expert judge -My Bro Vivek.. ;-)Some of the things in the dictionary of Food became out favourites truly due to her adept cooking. We(me n bro) have experienced other unkempt hands at cooking too, and we feel blessed to be fed my a certain Mrs.Usha Gangadharan (Skipping the "Devi" I don't like). From all that she has told us, about our childhood days and her early days,just after getting married to a dark n handsome "my Dad", she has been a "Survivor" of all kinds. She definitely has gone through all the hardships of a woman, going against reality,marrying a man of a different caste, doing everything possible for a 4 letter word Love..! Yes, everything which is now portrayed in every other mega serial on television these days..! Everything...! I salute my Mom for her strength and survival instincts. Mom is very practical when it comes to handling financial situations. No one can beat this woman in Mathematics (A subject in which both me and my bro are pathetic enough to bring her all disgrace ;-) ) She sometimes boasts about her score 693/700 in her Bsc Mathematics. Now, there's the proof..!
Ever since the accident, I have this sudden urge to do the things I've always wanted to do. Just taking full control of my life. One of such things was telling the people I love , exactly how much I loved them.Started off with bro and naturally next probable target was Mom. .A person who has spent so much time in looking after me, treating me as a thumb sucking three year old,giving me the love I wanted so much, to spin back into Life...! I guess, that's partly why I am blogging about this woman..I'm lucky to be born to Mrs.Usha and Mr.Gangadharan...I love her...truly...madly...deeply...!!! She deserves more than just the occasional hugs and kisses we shower upon her..She Rocks! ;-) ;-)

P.S: I'm so glad to write this post about Mom..Just yesterday, I was telling her exactly what Testimonials in Orkut meant.She asked me immediately,like an inquisitive child, "What if they are not actually sincere?"..I replied " It's what an individual thinks about you..so it depends upon the person..".. I bet she is wondering the same thing,while reading this post.I can just imagine her expression - the most beautiful expression of surprise, overwhelmed with emotions. Amma..I love you so much............!

14 comments:

Vivek_Gangadharan said...

Hey kutti .. hats off to you as always ... more so coz u wrote abt our mom... i am kinda feeling left out thinking why it didnt come across to my mind ... man i feel like i have missed the biggest opportunity to tell her how much we (or I :) ) love her ... man all i have to say abt her is that she is the best teacher of my life ... she taugt me how to live and let live and how to learn ... which is precisely why i am here penning (actually typing ) my feelings for this angel without whom my existance wouldnt be a reality. i feel indebted to god for such a sweet little family led by this cute n short n sweet... angel ... hats off mom and dad ... we love u ... well now that goes without saying :)

Sharanya Rajendran said...

It's an awesome post, more than that u have written it wonderfully...its very touching and moving! Am sure aunty wud b in tears by now! Ur mom is one of those wonderful people i've ever seen!She has been so patient with the noise we make and a wonderful cook-still remember the onion rice! :)tell her i love her too!

N madam u dnt get MATH..dont temme! U r brilliant in it!!

Unknown said...

after reading this i can jus say WOW!!!! i`d hve called up my mom right had it nt been midnight precisely... she wud surely think i`ve lost it.
beautiful post da... i actually realized that i`ve never told d words "i love you" to my mom till date, though i wud have tried to show it many other ways... gifts, hugs, kisses.... i guess in search of all these things i try to give her to express my love, i totally forgot tat its jus those words tat i mean to convey. nothing can beat saying "i love you" out aloud to the person who truly loves you... n who can love u more than mom does????? thnx for reminding me buddy... tats a reminder i badly needed.
PS: convey my love to ur mom too .... *blushhhh (hee hee hee)

Sindhu said...

Wow yaar!!! Nice that u dedicated a 'SINCERE' post to ur mom (a sort of testi :-))!! I can juz imagine auntie smiling in pride n happiness while she was going thru this post... Man, I sometimes wonder how much she puts up with loads n loads n loads of guests, round de clock... But guess wot Soms?? I never expected such a senti post from u, not even in de wildest of my dreams :-p

Genesis said...

well...am in tears de... seriously... as u said many people feel that such love is normal..few realise its intensity...i am able to relate so much to what u wrote about the hardships your mom bore.. more so coz i can still see my mom bearing them to give me a better life!!... no words.. hats off... :) i shud say this here de.. i noticed the love and care in your mom's eyes when i came to the hosp to see ya..she deserves every letter of wat you wrote!..:)

Ice-Thorn said...

one word-------> AWESOME!

this is ur best post yet somsie..very emotional n absolutely lovely.. Angles from heaven. moms r just tht. great post!

Anonymous said...

Nice write-up.

s()ms!e said...

Thanks..@ Anna,Shara,Divz,Anu,Sindhu,
Gaya,Naveen.. :)..Glad U folks liked it...

Anonymous said...

In spite of the fact that sentiments seldom affect me, I must admit that this post moved me. Since I am tongue tied when it comes to expressing love, all I could manage was telling my mom that life in B'lore is so difficult because she is not around (I guess it's my silly way of telling her I love her).

Hey but thanks a ton, it takes a lot to move me and even more to make me realize obvious facts. U did both in the span of 3 paragraphs ...

Gayathri said...

Sowmya.. this is an nice post i've come across.. One thing which u have mentioned is true .. never loose an opportunity to express how much u like ur folks..! In a way , i too feel to express my love and appreciation to my mom.. Being now a woman of the house, I can see how well am handling things and being appreciated ,and the reason behind is my mom, things I have observed from my mother ...

nice post.. Keep rocking.. Cheers..! :-)

s()ms!e said...

@Niranjan....
Thanks for the sincere comment...I am
glad that it moved "even" you!! *hehe*thankooooooooooo!!
@Gayathri Akka No wonder this post moved u...Must b missin ur folks..N we miss u too ...!!! Thanks a lot for the comment..!!

Anonymous said...

I wouldnt call this a very sentimental and emotional blog.This is something everyone should truly have towards their mom "A true sense of gratitude"but hats of to you for having taken your time and posting an excellent blog.
I would like to point out certain errors cause your mother has also touched me in many ways.
First and foremost her commitment and will to do things in spite of her chronic ailment.THAT SURELY DESERVES A MENTION.
Secondly vivek not being good at Maths is definitely agreeable but you poor at maths is the biggest lie.
One thing for sure girls are different in the sense we guys are also affectionate but we show it differently.

Ramya said...

Though i seem to be a tad late (just 6 years) at reading this blog... i must say .. Woww.. what a lovely way to express.. I believe its very important to be expressive.. it makes life fuller and happier... Stay the same! :) Older generations never felt the need to openly say things.. am glad things are changing.

P.s: Similar to what happens in friends serial, my mum says thank you, when i say i love you ;) attempting to make her say the right things back ;) Ufff the shyness of the older gen!!

s()ms!e said...

Ramya!! Late a vandalum latest a vandirka! :P thank you! :-)

Stumped!

This happens whenever I take a train from Chennai to Bangalore (Ahem..read as whenever I travel alone!). After taking consecutive modes of ...