Saturday, June 14, 2008

Kutty Kutty things - back with a Bang!!!

Saturday, the fourteenth. A day which reminded me for the umpteenth time about my future, my career, my fear and losing everyone near and dear... Mom asked me to wash some kitchen-use,extremely dirty and "odourish" towels. As I was scrubbing away, testing the make of the Rin Soap with a "dress" (net cover),and taking the privilege of being subjected to a daily chore, which happens once in a blue,green,orange,black moon.. ;) I had all the water in the universe at my command..I rotate the knob of a tap, and there comes pouring down, the elixir of life (Reminded of a class 11 lesson in English Prose..*thinks hard,but calls it quits, coming back to the subject ;) * ) Amidst the scrub and whenever I'm tired, a mere rub, I was suddenly reminded of my "Malgudi Days"...Days at St.John's. The most closest experience to a college life, learn t at school..Now things are in reverse..My college is now worse than school(Pet name - Jail"BIRD")... *ponders about God's plan* A lot of memories at school. But the only one related to a "scrub-rub" is something which ironically happens almost only on school working Saturdays or Sundays..The"white-shoe-wash-episode" :) We (me and bro) had to do this because of a "terror" sir who messed big time in his pathetic "tanglish"... one example is, he comes every Friday afternoon. Points out at any face in his Karma that day and says these words.."Sunday "CARE-CUT" don't FORGOT" [ He meant to say, Sunday Haircut,don't Forget]. These words are always accompanied by the wag of his fat forefinger, with his brows and mustache in stiff competition to who can screw up better.Now back to the Scrub. Whenever this episode happens, its always my bro first and me next.Initially, my bro took over. Or someday s, Dad took over and did 2 pairs, mine and my bro's. I still remember, the first time I was to wash my shoes. It was a great feeling of pride to me. I put my heart and soul into scrubbing all the dirt away. I always used to scowl in the end, to why that it always remained blue unlike the "angelic white" appearance of the shoes show cased on Ads. And only after that did I realize the importance of "Cherry Blossom" which soon flipped to "Kiwi" because of the cute Ads on the idiot box. As soon as the drying period was over, on Sunday night,in the last minute, my bro and me would start painting our darlings white,making them shift from Rapunzel (With lace) to Snow White(Without Lace) ;-). It is a bliss to think of all that now. To think of those times, when every breath I took added meaning to my Life. Every moment was a surprise. I wish these days last forever, for real rather than a mere memory. Life is a surprise gift. Wrapped in a useless, least attractive package, with scratches and patch-ups. But within, there is a real testimony to the existence of "GOD" [Capital G for respect, O,D,in caps for complete FAITH]. Such is the beauty of life. L-I-F-E i-S b-E-a-U-t-I-f-U-L ..... ;-) :-)
My favourite Poet again. (Namba Thala ilamaya? ;-) )

"I can summarize LIFE in just three words... "IT GOES ON " ! ! !
-Robert Frost
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
P.S.
This post,as usual is unplanned and written out of sheer instincts. Half way through I realized it sort of had a connection to one of the most beautiful movies I've ever seen. Actually two movies.
1.Children of Heaven
2.Life is Beautiful

For those still reading this post, If you really came till here -Thank you.
If you really think this post was worth your time, then check out the movies. They are worth more than anything else worth being worth of :P :) :) ;)
Well, For those who have read the post, till here, as well as seen the movies, Thank you again.
And drop a comment... :-)
-soms!e ...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5 comments:

Ice-Thorn said...

:) :) :) :)
nice 2 catch you in one of ur life is beautiful moods:)

astute87 said...

Nice post. Nice movies. Nice quotes. Be a little more reasonable with your temper.

:) :)

Sharanya Rajendran said...

Reminisense- that would be the perfect word to summarise ur blog.. Those were the days we used to crib while washing the shoes and now we wished to do it with a lot more josh!
lovely post...n wil sure watch those movies!!

gaddy said...

hey sowmi i thought u met wid a bad acci and all ur memory vanished just like dat..-but this blog proves it to be wron..i never thought washin towels can end up in blog..this shows how much ur really into it..bravo sowmi ..bravothese things make onething clear..ur skooldayz memories are imprinted like anythin ..even n number of acci cant erase it..--this is another stamp of sowmi clearly showin every1 wat she's capable of..again &again..&again...its damm beautiful i shd say..indeed "life is beautiful" well done sowmi..

Anu said...

Life is definitely beautiful :) it is always as long as u know where to find light in d darkest of the situations and carry the beautiful memories tat can bring a smile and a tear at the same time to add meaning to ur life.... Its something i have always believed in. Ahhhh... and Life is Beautiful.... its one of the best movies ever made. Its something i watch wen i feel depressed. it somehow can lift my spirits however down in d dumps i am... :) have not seen children of heaven yet... gotto see tat one...
And as usual.... u ROCK!!!!! :) keep blogging gal.... u mirror my thoughts.... :) :)

Stumped!

This happens whenever I take a train from Chennai to Bangalore (Ahem..read as whenever I travel alone!). After taking consecutive modes of ...