Thursday, October 16, 2008

Catatonic Poetry!?!

Make way...fast!!!Another poem on its way...! I promise nothing in this post. This was something which was born when I was typing an SMS to a friend of mine . I do not know why, but my mind just conjured up this line "Falling in love with a broken dream". As I was typing this, as an SMS, just to share it and amuse about it with a friend, I couldn't stop my fingers. The typing went on, like I was in a trance, for a few more lines, and alas! - a poem was born (or atleast :D I call it one! :P :D)...Here goes...
*Sheepish look on her face, still musing about that "one" line, wondering if she is increasing the probability of people thinking she was really insane, or rather, proving it that very minute...Hmmm .. she sighs...but still..who cares?!? adding a "who isn't?" to it, she goes on to post it, anyway...!*

While in a Trance

I fell in love with a broken dream...
Though it may all seem, as though
Things are the way, they've always been...
I still regret my fall, big time, for...
It's the one which happened just in time...
I refuse to cry, believing that my eyes are pretty dry...
I fell in love with a broken dream...
And it just isn't what it seems...


-S()mS!E :)



2 comments:

Ice-Thorn said...

heheh...
I was 1 of the 1st ones 2 read it!...nice one!!love the first line the most..
:)

Unknown said...

as usual u know de art of groupin the best words together..u've done dat exactly..i'm just wonderin..whether past experience came in handy[:D]..i like these one.."i refuse to cry, believing that my eyes are pretty dry.." it reminds me of .."a new day has come"..by celine..it goes like this.." let the rain come down and wash away my tears.."..wat i find in common is this..even though it hurts and pains..still they don wanna accept it or show it out..or just believe that they are strong enough for this kinda ache..i think i'm goin too far..[:D][:D]...good work sowmi...[:)]

Stumped!

This happens whenever I take a train from Chennai to Bangalore (Ahem..read as whenever I travel alone!). After taking consecutive modes of ...