Tuesday, July 3, 2007

ChildStruck

Childstruck was a poem written out of instinct, while watching a three yr old kid paint(my cousins kid-Sruthi).I was totally awestruck by what i saw.The beauty of it all just drove me to write a poem.God's creation of a childs innocence.


My lil angel of mystery....
who can make people forget history...
spread like an eagle on the floor...
beads of perspiration forming on the brow...
lips in pursuit of pure concentration...
to watch u paint is by itself an inspiration...
choosing different colours from a collection of a very few....
you turn the paper around and start anew,,,
running out of colours ...you look so forlorn..
.making me think that a new artist is born...
my lil angel of mystery....u sure can make people forget history..!
-s()!\/!s!e

2 comments:

astute87 said...

This is the first time I'm seeing a very expressive and punctuative poem, yeah you've used three commas in a row,,, good one.

Sends a chill in one particular line, that is "to watch u paint is by itself an inspiration..."

And why three dots after each line ?

Your exclusive writing style eh ?

The content is good. Write more.

Cheers.

s()ms!e said...

3 dots after a line is my way of asking the reader to stop and understand the meaning conveyed in the line. And if u had noticed, the introduction dint have the "ritually followed " 3 dots.
and for three commas in a row, i apologise. that was a typographical mistake.

Stumped!

This happens whenever I take a train from Chennai to Bangalore (Ahem..read as whenever I travel alone!). After taking consecutive modes of ...