Saturday, October 20, 2007

Friendie-Nanbi-Dhosthi

As you would have seen in all my posts, in the comment section., there's this one person who keeps commenting and appreciating no matter what. She is a very good friend of mine, and her name is Divyapriya Raghavan. She used to write a lot before, but for the past two years, shes been suffering from writer's block. Like me, she too has a passion for writing, and she can write even more better than me, which you will see and conclude at the end of the post. I have always been pestering her to start blogging, and just like how I got into blogging(Courtesy : Arunesh-thanks to you!), I tried a lot for her to start.She felt the same stuff that I felt before beginning to blog. I was against it, thinking that I wouldn't do a fair job and what if I don't know what to blog about, all of a sudden? A thousand bombarding "what-ifs!" and finally with some persuasion, I succeeded and I am in love with it.Its all that I do, these days, whenever Im online.I am either adding posts or reading other interesting blogs. Its an entirely different world, to me~!I take the oppurtunity to thank all u ppl(Shara, my bro's-Vivek+Prasanna, Arunesh,Divya,Vidhya,Niru,Niranjan,Maithreya,Sharmi+Shuba+Domi+mom(silent commentators), for being there, for ur encouragement,ur support and views! So as I was telling her about this, I had this sudden brainwave.Why not ask her to post something in my blog, and start off that way. I request you guys to comment and I think it would surely make her day. It's just a small step I'm taking to help my buddy get back to writing~ ~!

Here goes, an awesome poem which is sensitive and is full of life, to which I can relate to in a lot of ways!...
I Need a Hug too
When troubles became intolerable,
I was the one you always called upon
I was your confidante, the trusted one,
Forever your shoulder to cry on...

“Thanks” you said...“Thanks for listening.
I can already feel my burden lightening”
But when I had difficulties I felt so lonely
Why weren’t you there to share my misery?

When sadness endlessly pursued me
To the deepest depths of despair,
When loneliness cast its veil upon me
I couldn’t find you anywhere…

When you were lost in the tunnel of sorrows
Didn’t I lead you to the light?
When you were giving up on life’s battles
Didn’t I take the sword and offer to fight?

I too am plagued by horrors, I wish you could see
A kind word, a hug would mean so much to me
Whenever I tried to tell you, you didn’t have the time
So I had to lie and pretend that everything was fine...

Now don’t think ill turn away, I’m not angry
I want you to realize that I’m affection hungry
Till the end of my existence, ill be there for you
But remember sometimes ……I need a hug too.

- Divya Priya Raghavan

Now, wasn't it one heck of a poem? :-) .... Pls comment guys!

7 comments:

SierrA ManiaC said...

Something that is ultra super stuff. Your friend should start a blog and start writing. Rather, she should start putting forth her words in books and show her talent to the outside world.

Usually, writing comes to anyone naturally once you start writing. Its all initial hiccups. Starting troubles.

SierrA ManiaC said...

Coming to the topic,

Usually the topic is too confusing because at start you will be flooded with thoughts. But once you start probing something and go into minute details you will be able to segregate them and even bring the numbers down and finally hit the one which you feel happy with.

In case you are having a block in the middle. Save the draft, take a break and concentrate on it later. You will at times be able to think in a different perspective the second time.

Ice-Thorn said...

woo hoo!
thank you so much 4 ur comment :) i hv written other stuff,. jus tht i had a loong writers block..Nw, i will definitely start blogging.. n Looking 4ward 2 comments frm u wen i do:).

@ sowms : Thanks 4 posting machi. :)

astute87 said...

Whatay nishely written POem...

Wai dont you start blaugging ya Dhivyaa? Eet ees sho naishe to read...

Ven you aare blaugging newly let me know.. I will come regularly and caummend...

Hawneshtly I am telling yaa...

Ice-Thorn said...

ohh

thankhs yea laut arunessh
i ees sho glaad thaat yu likedd mie poeyem. Evenn moore glaad thatt yu waant to caummend. :)

Genesis said...

hey somse..
grt work yar..nice humour..i read regularly too..
and divs..am a biggg fan of ur poems..
really i relate to ur poems..and read some of them when i feell low..it brings me up..yeah..hehe
:)))

s()ms!e said...

im so glad to see u comment gaya! thanks a lot!!

Stumped!

This happens whenever I take a train from Chennai to Bangalore (Ahem..read as whenever I travel alone!). After taking consecutive modes of ...