Sunday, October 28, 2007

Paintings Part 2...

I don't know "what it eez" with me and paintings!! I get bored... I turn on my computer..open MS-PLUS..PAINT IT - For kids, and start painting, whatever comes to my hands... or the mouse! I don't decide on a theme... I just paint it..and whatever form comes out of it, I then formulate a theme..and christen it as "something"...This happens almost all the time.. there are a very few paintings where I already had something in my mind, before starting to paint.An idea, probably.. Whether it turned out to be the replica of the one in mind - is still questionable! ... here are some of them.... !!


1.Woman drowned in Flames :



Depicts(aimed at depicting) the state of women in the society(flames).I am not talking about the rural areas alone. Or rather in India alone..The way women are treated varies right from the household to the workplace.Its the self centered thought of the society, which claims that if women were an "A", once upon a time , then women still have to be "A", not even an "A" !But men have changed from "B" to "B" , "B" , "b","b" and "b" ... and even "The B like symbol for Beta" !
All men in the world will obviously find this ridiculous... But if they think one minute about their own lives, women in their lives, and if they compare their life with that of "those" women, I'm pretty sure they will realise(provided that they want to realise)!Wait a minute, I don't mean to say that women are deprived of anything.And I don't blame men either.Its just that, the society is made of both men and women, who form the basis for the existence of the women and men alike.That is exactly where the bias is. So I am not blaming any individual.. Its just that, it would be a lot more easier if people around (both sexes) understood that both Adam and Eve were a creation of the same hand, the Hands of the Creator. If the creator Himself, had given them that equality , then why not fellow humans, the product of the evolution.All that is needed, is to be treated as equals, and nothing more! As a first step,people should stop refering to women as the "weaker" sex, because strength is not defined by any physical outlook. Its again phenomenal to say that, everything rounds up and ends in one thing "Individual". I think, if people are treated as "fellow individuals", a few problems knocking at our doors, will finally fade away.



2.A Girl hanging on to passing clouds:
I was inspired by a lot of songs (yea,right! all those mushy numbers,and a few down to earth songs too and a selected few books, before this thought came to my head. Passing clouds phenomenon is when someone tries to accept the reality, thinking that it's just another ordinary thing to happen, like "passing clouds".There's always another set of clouds behind.But I strongly felt against this "let-go" phenomenon. How about going against reality, and really!, How about hanging on to "passing clouds", as though she was hanging on to dear life? Presto, I drew this....!




3.Somsie's DavyJones (Octopus head villain)from the Pirates of the Caribbean :

This work is something which lives up to the line stated above, "Whether it turned out to be the replica of the one in mind, is still questionable "....
I guess you would have all saved the last laugh for this moment.Well, this painting was done as soon as I saw Pirates of the Caribbean, all the parts in one go (DVD). I was very impressed by the octopus-headed villain (ofcourse Jack Sparrow is always on top of the list!). I then thought of painting the octopus head guy, but the way it has turned out, you might as well name it something close to a "pirated Jester(Gesture!)!" :O
I don't actually fancy myself as an artist,though I am ok at pencil sketching and any kind of normal sketching.This software painting is something more like an ink-blot test for me. I love exploring varieties and opening up my mind.I believe a great deal in subconscious and a splash of colours can actually open up the mind more than a cup of coffee..and can brighten the painting, and more than anything, can brighten lives, in its own way.... !

2 comments:

Ice-Thorn said...

HEy soWMSie,

Nice imagination uve got :)..loved the piece abt the woman..tho,i think it will b a long long tym b4 we r treated as equals :(. I Hvnt watched POC movies..but u make the villan look loveable ;0.. n i feel as if the girl hanging on to dear life is me :).but u no,it is better 2 let go when things go overbound..reminds me of a certain sumthing (u no wat i mean?)

s()ms!e said...

'course i do.. ;)

Stumped!

This happens whenever I take a train from Chennai to Bangalore (Ahem..read as whenever I travel alone!). After taking consecutive modes of ...